About Kendi Latoya
Kendi Latoya is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya who handles Conveyancing and Real Estate as well
as Bank Securities and Finance and Corporate and Commercial Law practice areas. She represents clients in
high value and complex transactions, and has handled various real estate and development projects and loan
• University of Nairobi, Masters of Law (LLM)
• University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Law (LLB)
• Kenya School of Law
• Currently undertaking Certified Public Secretary (CPS)course at KASNEB
• Law Society of Kenya
• East African Law Society
• Real Estate and Property Law
• Corporate and Commercial Law
• Company Law
• Intellectual Property Law
Key legal experience
• Acting for various clients, including property developers, owners of commercial buildings, and individuals
and corporate persons, in the purchase and sale of various properties (commercial, residential and
agricultural), the extension of leasehold terms, and the sub-division and amalgamation of properties. The
transactions involved negotiation, preparing and approving terms of sale agreements, preparing transfers,
approving leases, registering transfers, leases and security documents at the Land Office, and generally
advising clients on the legal issues arising thereof.
• Acting for Real Estate Companies in the sale of commercial and residential plots where transaction involves
drafting and negotiation of Letters of Offer, Sale Agreements, Consents, Transfers and processing of Titles
in the name of the various purchasers.
• Carrying out legal due diligence on Corporate bodies and preparation of relevant transaction documents
relating to the due diligence.
• Drafting and preparation of various commercial transaction documents for various organisations,
corporate bodies and individuals all designed to suit the client’s needs.
• Practical experience in the incorporation of companies which includes preparing and filing relevant
• Advising clients on the regulatory requirements and their compliance status in the various industries in
• Acting for various local companies in ensuring compliance with reporting requirements under the
• Acting for various Banks and Saccos on security documentation, including loan agreements, reviewing and
advising on offer letters, drafting charges, facility agreements, guarantees and debentures, of varying